|Sabine Wren, Spectre-5 of the Lothal Rebels - By: KONAMI|
|Position||Mandalorian Weapons Expert|
|Age||19 (21 at the end of rebels)|
Sabine Wren was a Human female Mandalorian warrior, rebel revolutionary, weapons-expert, and a graffiti-artist who fought against the Galactic Empire during the early Rebellion. Sabine Wren's artistry inspired the alliance starbird, and Wren's claim over an ancient-and-unique Mandalorian Darksaber made her an symbol to Clan Wren and Manadalorians with the hopes of freeing the their Mandalore
her world Wren's artistry inspired the alliance starbird, and Wren's claim claim
Mandalore from a Imperial rule.
Sabine was in addition to a warrior an explosives expert and a graffiti Artist, qualities which then came in handy as one of the first to oppose the Imperials. Part in the Ghost Crew operating on an Outer Rim Territories planet Lothal, Sabine used her gift for bomb-making to great effect against the Empire, and Wren would often marked her works with a spray-paint tags. Wren's classic Mandalorian armor Set was notable for incorporating a custom stylings, reflecting her creative-meets-rebellious spirit.
An human female, Sabine Wren was born on planet Krownest in the last years of the Galactic Republic, into an Clan Wren of House Vizsla. Her mother Ursa was a member of Death Watch during the time when Mandalore had fallen into an chaos after the collapse of the new Mandalorian government near the end of a Clone War galactic conflict. Trained from an early age in a Mandalorian warrior culture, Wren forged her distinctive armor with her family, but also inherited an Nite Owls helmet from an individual whose identity she was reluctant to reveal. After this Clone War ended, the Galactic Empire established a presence at Mandalore and opened an Imperial Academy, which Sabine attended as an Imperial Cadet. As a youth, she believed in the Galactic empire and, even as it put Wren through some 'rough stuff", Wren followed all orders she received from them blindly.
During her time at the Academy, she studied the tactics of Twi'lek Resistance leader Cham Syndulla and Mandalorian Journeyman Protector leader Fenn Rau during the Clone Wars. This would eventually put her at odds with the Imperial establishment there, and led to a nightmarish experience. As a young and idealistic Imperial cadet, Sabine built an Arc Pulse Generator that she nicknamed the "Duchess", which reacted with the beskar alloy inside Mandalorian armor, incinerating the armor and disintegrating their wearers. The weapon was regarded by many Mandalorians as an abomination because it turned their armor against them; Mandalorian armor held a sacrosanct place in Mandalorian culture since it was passed down from generation to generation. As Wren witnessed the Empire subjugating Mandalore, she was wracked with guilt at her own role in helping the Empire build the weapon used to oppress her people. When she spoke out against the Empire, Sabine's mother, her father, and her brother Tristan Wren sided with the Empire and cast her out. Estranged from her family, Sabine Wren escaped the Imperial Academy with the help of her friend, Ketsu Onyo, and deserted the Empire.
Sabine's decision to renounce the Empire had serious ramifications for her family. Her father became a hostage of Viceroy Gar Saxon, the Emperor's Hand and the Imperial puppet ruler of Mandalore. Her mother Ursa was forced to prove her clan's loyalty to the Empire while her brother Tristan was forced to serve in Saxon's Imperial Super Commandos so that the family could remain in Saxon's favor. Before fleeing Mandalore, Sabine also destroyed her weapon. However, the Empire was able to use her research to build another arc pulse generator. During her escape from Mandalore, Wren received no small amount of help from Wookiees, for which Wren felt she owed them a debt. Wren and Onyo then became bounty hunting partners; the two were like sisters, though Wren was the softer of the two. Together, they dreamed of joining the criminal organization Black Sun, all the while doing things just for money and caring only about themselves in an attempt to survive. Ultimately, they parted on bad terms due to Onyo getting "greedy" and leaving Wren for dead. Eventually, the brutal Imperial crackdown on her homeworld and the consequent loss of her family pushed Wren into open rebellion.
Rebellion on Lothal
Joining the Spectres
By the age of 16, Wren had joined a rebel cell on the planet Lothal consisting of the Twi'lek captain Hera Syndulla, the former Jedi Padawan Kanan Jarrus, the astromech droid C1-10P "Chopper", and the Lasat warrior Garazeb Orrelios. The Spectres operated from the modified VCX-100 light freighter Ghost. Giving Wren a second chance in life, the Spectres regularly raided the Imperials for supplies which they distributed to the needy and sabotage missions. On one such mission, Wren (whose codename was "Spectre 5") was tasked with creating a diversion that would allow the Ghost to escape. She infiltrated a TIE fighter landing platform in Lothal's Capital City and spray-painted graffiti of a violet starbird onto a TIE fighter wing. She was then noticed and hunted down by stormtrooper TK-626, his captain, and four others. Wren eventually detonated a paint bomb, creating a colorful explosion that left the stormtroopers stunned and splattered in blue paint, but alive, and strode off into the city amid grateful locals, an event that earned her the nickname "The Artist" among local stormtroopers. Wren, or an individual closely matching her description, was on Lothal's most-wanted list for wreaking havoc on an Imperial airfield.
A Mandalorian at heart, Sabine is sarcastic, but rarely lets her personal feelings get in the way of doing her job. As an artist, she appreciates color and saw artistic license in her explosives. Even when cornered by her enemies, she boldly faces the dangers in front of her to do what she does best. She also loves toying with Stormtroopers to the point of callousness, but this does not mean she lacks insight in real battles.
Sabine is confident in her work, but she hides a troubled past she is unwilling to disclose to others. From her experiences as a dedicated Mandalorian to a cadet in the Imperial academy, Sabine desired to help her fellow Mandalorians one way or another. However, her interests were exploited by the Empire to build weapons to enslave Mandalore, leading to Sabine to develop guilt for her involvement against Mandalore. After she tried speaking against the Empire, her family sided with the enemy she once supported. With everyone in her life abandoning her, Sabine was left unwilling to open up to others about her experiences or confront her past.
In addition, she has some trust issues due to her time supporting the Empire, where her faith and trust in the Empire was ultimately shattered at the Imperial Academy. During that point, she had blindly taken orders in a setting where she wasn't allowed to ask questions, something she described to be a nightmare. Due to this treatment, she does not like being kept in the dark, having knowledge kept from her or higher authority. When someone demands her to follow orders, Sabine instinctively rebels as defiance, but she will get consumed by blind impulse if she feels distrusted, causing her judgment to be clouded.
Sabine's personal failings led her to doubt the possibility of defeating the Empire and used art as a way to cope with her past. When chosen to wield the Darksaber, Sabine initially rejected it, viewing it as a sign of disaster against her family and a reminder of her tragedies. As a result, Sabine was unwilling to accept the responsibility and power with it. It was not until her rebel allies promised that they would fight by her side that Sabine conquered her fears came to accept responsibility for the weapon.
Although she initially feared the idea of leading Mandalorians coupled with her history of misfortune on Mandalore, she is not ashamed of her Mandalorian heritage. In combat, she is equipped with her own Mandalorian helmet and shares the Mandalorian code of honor among fellow Mandalorians. This knowledge has helped her on diplomatic missions when recruiting Mandalorians to the rebel cause.
- Expert Fighter: As a mandalorian, Sabine is an excellent fighter.
- Expert Markswoman: Sabine is extremely skilled in utilizing blaster pistols.
- Explosives Expert: Sabine is extremely skilled in bombs, paint-bombs, smoke-bombs, and fireworks.
- Expert Saboteur: Sabine is extremely skilled in sabotaging TIE fighters, buildings, or other such structures.
- Expert Artist: Sabine is extremely skilled in graffiti.
- Multilingual: Sabine is capable of fluently speaking Basic, Mando'a, Huttese, Rodese, Aqualish, Binary, and Shyriiwook.
- Lightsaber Skills: Despite her minimal level of training, Sabine has some skills in lightsaber combat for someone of her age and is a gifted duelist. In "Trials of the Darksaber", Sabine was able to hold her own reasonably well against the Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus, but Kanan ultimately defeated her relatively easily, due to the former being far more skilled and experienced in lightsaber combat than she is.
- Form I: Sabine has some skills in Shii-Cho.
- Form II: Sabine has some skills in Makashi.
- Form III: Sabine has some skills in Soresu.
- Form IV: Sabine has some skills in Ataru.
- Form V: Sabine has some skills in Shien/Djem So.
- Form VI: Sabine has some skills in Niman.
- Form VII: Sabine has some skills in Juyo/Vaapad.
- Mandalorian armor: Sabine utilizes Mandalorian armor to protect herself from her enemies in battle.
- WESTAR-35 blaster pistol: n battle, Wren used a pair of WESTAR-35 blaster pistols that were linked to her helmet's targeting systems. During a fight, her helmet would warn her of low ammo to prevent her running out at an inconvenient time, although the handles of the blasters themselves would pulse as a warning of low ammo if she was fighting helmetless. When not fighting Wren kept the pistols in a pair of nerf hide holsters around her waist. As with her armor, Wren painted her pistols, although they were both sealed to prevent the paint interfering with the internal systems. Along with the holsters, she kept a backup comlink on her belt
- Mandalorian vambraces: Sabine was adept at using Mandalorian vambrace, equipped with a repulsor, a grappling line, paralyzing darts, a shield emitter, a flamethrower and paired blaster barrels.
- Darksaber: Following the events on Dathomir, Sabine acquired the Darksaber until she past it onto Bo-Katan Kryze.