|Leia Organa, Princess of Alderaan - By: KONAMI|
|Position||General leader in (Resistance)|
Penis Peener Amidala and her father turned into Darth Vader, Leia was taken in by the royal House of Organa. She took the place of her adoptive father, Bail Organa, in the Senate and helped lead the fight against the Empire. During the war, she met her brother Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca. In the course of the war, Leia fell in love with Han, and in the aftermath of the war they married, with Leia not long after giving birth to Ben Solo.
Before the start of the Battle of Endor, Leia learned the truth of her biological father and her connection to the Force. The Battle of Endor left the Empire in chaos, and Organa assisted in the formation of the New Republic. When the war came to a close, Leia disagreed with the Republic's choice to disarm its military, believing that the remnants of the Empire could not be trusted. In time, her son struggled with the Dark Side and so Organa sent him to be trained by her brother as part of a new generation of Jedi, but Ben Solo turned against Luke and destroyed the New Jedi Order, taking on the name Kylo Ren. Organa urged the Republic to take the threat of the First Order seriously, and when they would not Leia Organa then formed the Resistance, an unofficial Republic military group that would defend the galaxy against the First Order's threat.
Leia Amidala Skywalker was born on the asteroid of Polis Massa two days after the end of the Clone Wars and the newly-established Galactic Empire's purge of the Jedi Order. She and her twin brother Luke, who was born shortly before her, were the children of Galactic Republic Senator Padmé Amidala, who died in labor, and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, who had recently fallen to the Dark Side of the Force. To protect the children from the Empire and the now-Sith Lord Darth Vader, Senator Bail Organa agreed to adopt the infant Leia together with his wife, Queenowledge that she was tklkuhmdopted, and everyone assumed that she was just another of the many, many children left orphaned by the Clone Wars, she remained unaware of her biological parents' fates. She was, however, left with a lasting impression of images and feelings of her that her brother did not, that their mother was beautiful, kind, but sad.
Princess of Alderaan
In her teens, Leia led a secret mission on behalf of her father to deliver three cruisers to the rebel cell known as Phoenix Squadron. She brought the ships to Lothal under the Senate-approved guise of a relief mission for the citizenry, but instead worked with the Ghost crew's Kanan and Ezra to stage a theft of the craft. While there were some hiccups, the Princess showed a strong sense of leadership and fearlessness, and the operation proved a success. Leia eventually took her father's place in the Imperial Senate, becoming the youngest Senator elected. Despite her sincere desire to real change and reform, she soon discovered that no other senator seemed to share her ideals, as the Senate had become a mere ceremonial institution that sycophantically validated Palpatine's every decree, and no delegate ever dared test the Emperor's patience. Eventually, Leia would join the Rebel Alliance, seeing it as her chance to actually help the galaxy, shortly before her mission to Tatooine. Weeks before the mission, Organa attended a reception and ball at the Imperial Palace, like many other members of the Imperial Senate. This was just a few days after she delivered a speech in the Senate about increasing Alderaan's mercy missions to outlying systems the Empire had forgotten or neglected.
Despite the Princess's popularity, her speech received mixed criticisms, as many in the Core Worlds believed that the Empire was already providing the necessary aid and that Alderaan's "meddling" was becoming too important. When the rebellion became aware of the Death Star, a small band absconded to Scarif where they daringly stole schematics of the battle station. The data tapes were beamed to a rebel ship and barely passed to the Tantive IV, where Organa received them. Her ship was boarded by Darth Vader and Imperial forces, but she managed to hide the schematics and a message in the droid R2-D2, who escaped alongside his counterpart C-3PO. Leia, however, was captured by Stormtroopers and confronted by Vader, who didn’t believe her claim that the ship was on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan. Later on, Vader has her tortured, but she resists telling him the location of the rebel base. Still believing she could be useful, the Death Star's commander, Grand Moff Tarkin, threatens to destroy Alderaan with the superweapon unless she reveals the location of the hidden base. She lies to them, and Tarkin orders Alderaan to be destroyed anyway. Awaiting for her execution, Organa was taken to her cell once again.
Galactic Civil War
Retaliation for Alderaan
Her situation seemingly dire, events would soon unfold that would change Leia’s fate and that of the galaxy. As it turns out, the message she hid inside R2-D2 was delivered on Tatooine to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan arrived on the Death Star with Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and the two droids to rescue her. Luke reached Leia’s cell first, where he introduced himself and the two quickly left. But by this time, Stormtroopers had found the ragtag group, and Han, Chewie, Luke, and Leia were forced to jump into a trash compactor to hide. Han and Leia immediately clashed, with the Princess having little patience for his bravado. When the walls of the compactor began to close in, all seemed lost until R2-D2 was able to remotely shut them down. The group made their way back to Han’s ship, the Millennium Falcon, though Obi-Wan Kenobi fell in battle to Darth Vader. They escaped, but little did they know that Vader had placed a tracking device on their ship. Leia and her rescuers rendezvoused with the Alliance on Yavin 4, where she delivered the Death Star plans. As the Rebels prepped their attack on the space station, Han and Chewie collected their reward for saving the Princess and were readying to leave. Luke and Leia were disappointed in Han’s decision, but carried on.
Meanwhile, having successfully tracked the Falcon to Yavin 4, the Death Star closed in. The attack began, with Luke piloting an X-Wing, Leia monitoring in the command center, and Han long gone. As the Death Star readied to destroy to Yavin 4 and the Rebel Alliance with it, Han saved Luke by blasting the TIE fighters trailing his X-wing; Luke fired a proton torpedo into the Death Star’s exhaust port, destroying the planet-sized terror. Han, Chewie, and Luke returned to the base where Leia warmly greeted them, and later presented them medals for their bravery. Afterwards, Organa changed into a less luxurious outfit and assisted in the evacuation, until she met Evaan Verlaine, who revealed that the Empire was rumored to be hunting surviving Alderaanians throughout the galaxy. Now aware of her people's situation, she enlisted both Verlaine and R2-D2's help for a self-imposed mission to save the survivors of Alderaan. After gathering a great deal of surviving Alderaanians, Organa told Verlaine of her return to the Alliance, given she had never intended to abandon it forever, for their people would never be safe as long as the Emperor was in control. Verlaine claimed they needed their princess, but Organa suggested that she should elect one then, appointing Verlaine as her would-be successor.
The Imperial Retaliation
After the destruction of the Death Star, the Rebel Alliance relocated to the remote ice planet of Hoth. Leia remained a key figure in the fight for freedom, and her feelings for Han had developed even though he could still drive her crazy. After the Empire discovered their location, Leia oversaw the Alliance’s evacuation and was forced to leave with Han aboard the Millennium Falcon. Leia, Han, Chewbacca, and C-3PO evaded the Empire by heading into an asteroid field a dangerous move that only the daring Captain of the Millennium Falcon would attempt. It worked, and Han docked his ship inside a cave within one of the larger rock masses. In a quiet moment, the romance between the smuggler and the Princess finally blossomed, only to be interrupted by C-3PO, who was excited to inform them that he’d isolated the ship’s reverse power flux coupling. The group later headed to Cloud City for sanctuary, where an old acquaintance of Solo, Lando Calrissian, owned a mining colony. Upon arrival, Leia was skeptical of Lando for he seemed a little too friendly, misgivings which were proven true as Lando handed his new guests over to Darth Vader and Boba Fett, claiming they arrived just before the Falcon.
Han was tortured by Vader and Leia was held prisoner, all part of a trap to lure Luke Skywalker. The Sith-Lord planned to carbon-freeze Luke, but would test the dangerous procedure on Han. Before being lowered into the freezing chamber, Leia told Han that she loved him. He survived the process, and Vader demanded Leia and Chewbacca be taken to his ship. While en route, Lando took a risk and had his security forces disarm their stormtrooper escort, and led Leia, Chewie, and C-3PO in a last ditch attempt to save Han. They were too late, but managed to flee in the Falcon. Luke, who came to face Vader, was severely injured and only survived by reaching out through the Force to Leia. The Princess commanded they return to rescue him, and while the heroes were defeated they survived to fight another day. They soon rendezvoused with part of the rebel fleet, where Organa accompanied a recovered Skywalker who had received a prosthetic hand and watched as Calrissian and Chewbacca left to find Solo aboard the Millennium Flacon.
Overthrowing an Empire
With Han frozen in carbonite and held in Jabba’s palace on Tatooine, the Princess and her friends planned a rescue mission. Leia, disguised as bounty hunter Boushh, brought a captive Chewbacca before Jabba. She later that evening snuck quietly to Han’s carbonate slab, where she unfroze the smuggler and revealed her identity to him as someone who loved him. They kissed and were ready to make their escape, but were interrupted by the ominous laugh of Jabba who knew it was Leia the whole time. He threw Han in a cell with Chewbacca, and forced Leia to wear a slave girl outfit and remain by his side. But all was not lost. Luke appeared, and in Jabba’s botched execution of the Rebels above the Sarlacc pit, decimated the crime lord’s forces. In the ensuing chaos, Leia used the chain tethering her to Jabba to choke the giant gangster. He died in a pitiful slump, and Leia and her friends left Tatooine and headed for the stars. The Princess and the others rendezvoused with the Rebel fleet and helped organize a plan to destroy the Empire’s new Death Star. The plan being they would head to Endor and knock out the space station’s shield generator, while fighters would enter the super structure and take down the main reactor.
Using a stolen Imperial shuttle, Leia and friends landed on the forest moon but quickly encountered Imperial scout troopers. Luke and Leia commandeered speeder bikes and defeated the troopers in a deadly chase and battle, but were separated. The Princess, alone, encountered a strange, furry Ewok named Wicket. He took her to his village, where she would remain until Han, Luke, Chewie, and Artoo showed up as captives. After being freed, she and Luke had a private discussion away from the others where he made a startling revelation. They were actually brother and sister, but instead of shock, Leia seemed at peace because she felt a part of her always knew. Luke went off to face Darth Vader, and Han and Leia led the ground assault on the shield generator. Always brave, Leia more than held her own, blasting Stormtroopers left and right. While she was wounded, her injury wasn’t serious and with help from their new furry friends, the rebels defeated the Imperial legion of troops. The shield was destroyed, as was the Death Star and the Emperor. Luke turned Vader back to the side of the light and reunited with Leia, Han, and their friends on Endor together again with the battle for freedom finally over.
Powers and Abilities
- The Force: As the daughter of the Chosen One, Leia, like her Father and her twin brother, Luke Skywalker, was immensely strong in the Force. Leia possessed a strong Force sense. Luke believed that her strong "gut feelings" were another manifestation of her abilities; after her birth, she was left with a lasting impression of images and feelings of her mother, that she was "very beautiful, kind, but sad." After Skywalker revealed on Endor that they were siblings, she was shocked but deep down, she had always known this to be true. Leia actively demonstrated the ability to sense her brother's presence through the Force. When Luke failed to contact Kenobi while hanging underneath Bespin's Cloud City, weak and helpless, he called out to Leia with the Force, apparently out of instinct. She sensed him, and thus asked to direct the Millennium Falcon to his location. After the second Death Star blew up, she assured Solo that Skywalker had not been on it at the time. Though not formally trained at this time, Leia could use her Force abilities in other ways; she could use a lightsaber with enough skill to fight in the battle of Nar Shaddaa. She unconsciously drew upon the dark side to gain the strength to compress the neck of Jabba the Hutt with a chain to the point of asphyxiation. After being blown into space, Leia used the power of the Force to both remain alive in the vacuum and navigate to the safety of a vessel, the exposure and effort leaving her in vital need of medical attention.
- Force Vision: Leia utilized Force Vision to have visions of the past, the present, and the future; however, like all Force-users, her visions were not always clear and she sometimes has visions even when she is not utilizing this power at will.
- Force Sense: Leia utilized Force Sense to sense another sentient being's emotions, the future, ripples in the Force caused by momentous or traumatic events, impending danger, and the presence of the dark side; her senses were so powerful, that she was not only able to sense that Luke was in danger on Cloud City, and locate him, but she could even sense when her son, Ben Solo had murdered his father, Han Solo on the Starkiller Base.
- Telekinesis: Leia utilized Telekinesis for offensive or defensive purposes; she could propel herself back towards the Raddus after a hit from a First Order TIE fighter sent her careening into deep space.
- Telepathy: Leia utilized Telepathy to mentally communicate over small or vast distances with other individuals, especially with Luke and Ben.
- Force Spirit: Due to Leia's immensely powerful connection to the Force, and the ancient knowledge of the Jedi at her disposal, she was able to transcend physical death and preserve her identity through the Force. This allowed her to become one with the Force after trying to telepaticaly communicate across the galaxy with Ben in an attempt to reach out to his inner light, but as she was in an extremely weakened state, this act drained all of her life-force energy.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Although rarely seen, Leia was a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant.
- Expert Markswoman: Leia was extremely skilled in utilizing blaster pistols and blaster rifles.
- Expert Pilot: Much like her father, Anakin, Leia was extremely skilled in piloting various speeders and every type of flying crafts.
- Lightsaber Skills: Despite her short time training, Leia quickly became very good at Lightsaber combat. Leia became skilled enough in lightsaber combat to spar evenly with her brother, and even get the better of him.
- Genius-Level Intellect/Master Tactician/Leader/Negotiation: Leia was amazingly intelligent and wise. As a formal member of the Rebel Alliance, and the leader of the Resistance, Leia was a highly skilled tactician and very a capable leader. She was also highly skilled in diplomacy, and negotiation.
Leia Organa's lightsaber: Under Luke's training Leia used a blue-bladed lightsaber. She later discontinued her training and gave the lightsaber to Luke after Organa sensed the death of her son at the end of her Jedi path. Luke kept the lightsaber with him and after his death at the Battle of Crait, gave the weapon to Rey during the final days of the war between the First Order and the Resistance.