|Anakin Skywalker, Fallen Knight of the Jedi Order - By: KONAMI|
|Position||Jedi Master of the (Jedi Order)|
|Status||Deceased (Physical Body)
Alive (Spirit Form)
Discovered as a slave on Tatooine by Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker had the potential to become the most powerful Jedi in history, thought by some to be the Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force. After the demise of Qui-Gon, Anakin joined the Jedi Order as Kenobi's Jedi Padawan, becoming the finest Jedi the Order had ever had, eventually obtaining the rank of Jedi Knight. A hero of the Clone Wars, Anakin was a compassionate and caring Jedi, but also had a fear of loss for those he cared for. Early in the war, Anakin secretly married Padmé Amidala, who would later die giving birth to his twin children Luke and Leia. His fear of losing his wife and child to death led him to give in to the Dark Side and become Darth Vader. After twenty years of serving the dark, Anakin returned to the light to save Luke, redeeming himself and destroying the Sith in the process.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Childhood of Slavery
- 1.2 Padawan of Obi-Wan
- 1.3 Knight of the Republic
- 1.4 Time as Darth Vader
- 1.5 Becoming a Force Spirit
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Equipment
- 4 Gallery
Childhood of Slavery
Anakin Skywalker was born to the slave Shmi Skywalker and her unnamed husband (unknown Skywalker). Skywalker and his mother were originally owned by Gardulla the Hutt until she lost them to the Toydarian Watto in a podracing bet when Skywalker was age three. The two then moved to the desert world of Tatooine. Affectionately nicknamed "Ani", he worked in his master's shop, located in Mos Espa. Even at a young age, Skywalker exhibited exceptional piloting skills, and built the protocol droid C-3PO, specially modified to withstand Tatooine's sand and heat, for his mother. He was close friends with fellow slaves Kitster Banai and Wald, as well as the elderly Jira. He also built his own podracer.
Discovered by the Jedi
At the age of nine, Skywalker encountered the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, Padmé Amidala, Jar Jar Binks, and R2-D2, during their search for a new hyperdrive unit for the Naboo Royal Starship. Seeing his potential as Jedi, Jinn allowed Skywalker to help them secure the parts they needed for their starship by winning the Boonta Eve Classic only to learn that he had also won his freedom in doing so. After a heartfelt farewell to his mother, Skywalker met Jinn's Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and accompanied the Jedi pair to Coruscant, where he was presented to the High Council. Despite Jinn's claim that he was the Chosen One, the Council determined that Skywalker was not to be trained in accordance to the Jedi Code; instead, they sent Jinn and Kenobi back to Naboo to protect Queen Amidala and lure out their assailant, the Zabrak Sith-Lord Darth Maul. On Naboo, during the battle between the people of Naboo and the armies of the Trade Federation, Anakin was told to hide in a Naboo starfighter. However, in an attempt to destroy three Droidekas, Anakin inadvertently started the autopilot, launching his starfighter into space to attack a droid control shiporbiting Naboo.
With R2-D2's help, Skywalker regained control of the ship, but was soon shot by a vulture droid and flew it into the hangar of the droid control ship. Inside it, he fired two proton torpedoes which hit the main reactor. This started a chain reaction that destroyed the ship shortly after Skywalker's starfighter had left, killing Daultay Dofine and personnel, and causing all droids on Naboo's surface to power down. On his return, Skywalker was present at Jinn's funeral, when Kenobi informed Anakin that he would become a Jedi, determined to keep his promise to his late master. The Council reluctantly agreed for Kenobi to begin Skywalker's training, though they were concerned that Skywalker would be too difficult a student for young Kenobi to handle, due to Kenobi's young age. Meanwhile, Sheev Palpatine, the Republic's newly appointed Supreme Chancellor, promised Skywalker that he would watch the young Jedi's career with "great interest", beginning a long friendship between the young Jedi and the new ruler of the Republic. Despite Master Yoda's reluctance, the now Jedi Knight Kenobi took Skywalker as his Padawan, before taking part in a celebration in Theed.
Padawan of Obi-Wan
As he grew, Skywalker's exceptional skills made him arrogant, but he nevertheless idolized Kenobi, thinking there was "no one better" than his master. By the age of twelve, he had built his first Lightsaber; after its construction, Kenobi said to him "Anakin, this weapon is your life". During one of their many adventures, he also rescued Kenobi after he fell into a nest of gun gundarks. During his time as Kenobi's apprentice, Skywalker was distrustful of teachers who corrected him, wondering if they were trying to put him in his place, knowing that many hadn't wanted him trained in the first place. He found it hard to make friends, as his fellow Padawans were all aware of the rumors of him being the Chosen One. Often lonely, he generally spent his free time in his quarters tinkering with machinery he found in trips outside the Jedi Temple. He also harbored a lingering resentment regarding the fate of his mother. Skywalker and Kenobi traveled together on many missions in the ensuing decade. Ten years after Naboo, as the Separatist Crisis threatened to tear the Galactic Republic apart, Skywalker and Kenobi were sent to settle a border dispute on Ansion. Upon their return to Coruscant, an assassination attempt on Senator Amidala prompted the Jedi Council at the behest of Chancellor Palpatine to send Skywalker and Kenobi to protect Amidala from future attacks.
Reunited with Amidala
Anxious to meet her again after so many years, Skywalker was warned by Kenobi not to over-step their duties, but he supported Amidala's decision to use herself as a bait. That night, they stopped Zam Wesell's attempts to kill Padmé with venomous kouhun and captured her, when a mysterious figure killed Wesell before she could tell them who she was working for. Subsequently, the Master-Padawan pair were sent on separate missions by the Council with Skywalker, on his first solo mission, assigned to protect and escort Amidala back to her homeworld. To avoid looking conspicuous, the two traveled as refugees. Skywalker had not seen her in ten years, though he had thought about her almost daily since their parting at Naboo. While on Naboo, as he experienced inner conflict between his strong desires for her and his duties as a Jedi, Skywalker revealed to Amidala his love for her, but she refused since Skywalker was not supposed to form attachments as a Jedi, even though she felt the same for him. Skywalker had been suffering from recurring nightmares about his mother, Shmi, for several months prior to meeting Amidala again; and, because of them, went against the spirit of his orders to protect Amidala by bringing her to Tatooine to find Shmi.
Returning to Tatooine
Upon landing on Tatooine, Skywalker made his way straight for Watto's shop, where he discovered that a moisture farmer named Cliegg Lars had freed and married his mother. While speaking with Lars, Anakin learned, to his horror, that Shmi had been abducted by Tusken Raiders. He immediately set out in pursuit of her on Owen Lars' swoop bike. That night, the young Jedi discovered the Tusken village, and slipped into the tent that contained his mother, locating her with his Jedi sense of Force empathy. Though he freed her from her bonds, it was too late: Battered, sleep-deprived, and dehydrated, Shmi Skywalker died in her son's arms, but not before regaining her consciousness and briefly seeing and speaking with him for the last time. Skywalker allowed the shock of her death to catalyze an explosion of his long-nursed anger, fear, and selfishness. He flew into a berserk rage, killing all present without mercy and even the women and children, as he confessed to Amidala later. Some Jedi, including Yoda and the deceased Qui-Gon Jinn, sensed the shock of this massacre as well as Skywalker's powerful Force presence, which bordered on the Dark Side.
When Skywalker told Amidala that he had killed the tribe, he justified his actions at first. Amidala was clearly troubled by what Skywalker had done, but had invested herself too much in him to be truly repulsed. She tried to soothe him with sympathy and told no one of Skywalker's hideous act. In his anger and sorrow, he rashly claimed that one day he would have the power to stop people from dying, and that Obi-Wan was jealous of his power and was holding him back. He then expressed his hate for the Sand People before remembering that he was a Jedi, and he broke down in remorse for killing them. Amidala told him that his emotions made him Human, but Skywalker responded that he was a Jedi and was better than this. While still on Tatooine, Skywalker and Amidala discovered that Kenobi had been taken prisoner by the Geonosian-engineered Separatist Alliance droid forces. He initially decided to honor Mace Windu's order to protect Amidala at all costs and to stay on Tatooine, the episode with his mother having caused him to lose confidence in himself. However, Amidala convinced him that rescuing his mentor was the right thing to do and they went to Geonosis.
Dawn of the Clone Wars
Once on the planet, Skywalker and Amidala infiltrated the droid foundries, but they were attacked by Geonosians, and Skywalker's Lightsaber was caught in machinery and destroyed. The two were captured and sentenced to die in a gladiatorial execution arena. Faced with their impending fate, they finally confessed their love to one another and kissed for what they thought was the last time. Skywalker, Amidala, and Kenobi each faced ferocious arena beasts, but were able to escape them. Skywalker tamed the reek set to attack him but they were surrounded by Droidekas. However, a team of Jedi led by Mace Windu attacked the droids gathering in the arena, and the three escaped. Skywalker took up a green Lightsaber and fought the droids alongside Amidala. The Jedi remaining were herded into the center of the arena, having taken huge casualties. However, the newly discovered Clone Troopers in time to rescue the Jedi from the droid armies of the newly established Separatist Alliance.
Thanks to the Clone Troopers the trio were airlifted out of the arena and allowed to fight in the ensuing battle. Anakin and Obi-Wan pursued Count Dooku, the mastermind of the Confederacy and, unbeknownst to them, a Dark Lord. During a duel with Dooku both Anakin and Obi-Wan were defeated, with Anakin losing his right forearm. It was then that Yoda arrived and fought with Dooku until the Sith-Lord made his escape on his solar sailer. After Skywalker's forearm was replaced with a cybernetic limb, he remained in the Jedi Temple medical bay as he grew accustomed to the replacement. Skywalker accompanied Amidala to Naboo, where they were secretly married, even though that meant breaking the Jedi Code; but Anakin had gone past caring, and swiftly set the marriage on Naboo, in a secret ceremony performed by a Naboo holyman. C-3PO and his counterpart, R2-D2, were the only witnesses. The newly married couple would later struggle to keep their illicit relationship secret or else pay the price.
Knight of the Republic
Taking on an Apprentice
After his ascension to the rank of Jedi Knight, Skywalker became a General in the Grand Army of the Republic during the galaxy-spanning Clone Wars. The 501st Legion was under his command during much of the war effort, his "first"-in-command often being Captain Rex, whereas the Venator-class Star Destroyer Resolute served as his personal flagship, under the admiralty of Wullf Yularen. He would also build a new Lightsaber to replace the one lost in Geonosis. Aware of Anakin’s shortcomings and his tendency to forge strong emotional attachments, Yoda assigned Anakin a Padawan, a young Togruta girl named Ahsoka Tano. Yoda hoped that Skywalker would learn how to let go of his student as she grew, which was key for Anakin. While fighting against Separatist forces on the planet of Christophsis along with Obi-Wan, Ahsoka arrived in a shuttle, and upon hearing that Ahsoka was assigned to be his apprentice Anakin was very confused, as Obi-Wan was supposedly the one to receive a new apprentice and Anakin thought that having a Padawan would slow him down. While Anakin bristled at first to this appointment, after having spent enough time with Tano, Skywalker decided to take on the responsibility of her Jedi training, and in their years fighting alongside one another a strong bond grew between teacher and student.
Visions of Pain and Death
Years into the Clone Wars, Anakin became a hero and grew vastly in power, but due to his responsibilities with as a Jedi Knight Anakin saw very little of Amidala, prizing the moments the two were able to share with one another. Later in the war, Ahsoka showed promising signs as a gifted student, but after a bombing of the Jedi Temple and the betrayal of Barriss Offee, she left the Jedi as she felt she could not be apart of the Order any longer, something which had a deep affect on Skywalker. After this, Anakin resented the Jedi Council and began to slip closer to the Dark Side. Towards the end of the war, Anakin and Obi-Wan were called back from the Outer Rim Sieges to lead a mission to rescue the Chancellor from General Grievous before the cyborg's fleet could flee the besieged capital. The two Jedi fought their way through a Separatist blockade and managed to board the Invisible Hand, only to find the Chancellor being held prisoner at the top of the ship's observation spire. Not long after they arrived to the room, Count Dooku appeared before them and the two Jedi engaged him in a duel. Dooku managed to gain the upper hand and knocked Kenobi out, but his taunting, intended to erode Skywalker's morale, instead enraged him. Skywalker unleashed his fury on the Sith, brutally overwhelming him and slicing off both of his hands.
Taking Dooku's lightsaber, he crossed both his and the Count's blades at the Count's throat, and Palpatine urged him to kill his helpless opponent. Skywalker initially hesitated, but after the Chancellor's continued insistence, he gave into his hatred of his nemesis and beheaded Dooku. He expressed mild regret afterwards, stating it was not the Jedi way, but the Chancellor assured him that he had been right to kill the Count. Despite the Chancellor's pleas, he carried Kenobi until he regained consciousness, after which the two Jedi and the Chancellor were captured by Grievous, and brought to the Invisible Hand’s control room. The cyborg personally taunted them, giving R2-D2 enough time to free them, and Kenobi and Skywalker confronted Grievous, who then fled in an escape pod. Forcing the two Jedi to pilot the ship and land as safely as they could, Skywalker crash-landed the Invisible Hand on the surface of Coruscant. Following the ordeal, the two escorted the Chancellor to the Senate building, where they separated while Kenobi went back to Jedi Temple to report to the Council, Skywalker reunited with Amidala, who revealed to her husband that she was pregnant. Though Amidala was worried about what they were going to do, Skywalker conflictingly told her not to worry, saying that it was the happiest moment of his life.
Yet, that very same night, Skywalker began to have future visions of his wife dying at childbirth, which made him desperate to find a way to save her. He would confer with Yoda of these dreams, but the Grand Master told Skywalker that death was a natural part of life, and to let go of all that he was afraid to lose. Shortly thereafter, Skywalker was informed by Kenobi that Palpatine had requested his presence for unknown reasons, and that he should be careful with the Chancellor. So, Skywalker met with Palpatine at his office, where he revealed that he feared the High Council and appointed Skywalker to be his personal representative on the Council. When informed of this, the Council allowed Skywalker to sit on the Council, yet they refused to grant him the position of Master which greatly angered Skywalker. At the end of the meeting, Kenobi acknowledged to Skywalker that his appointment had been accepted so that, on behalf of the Council, Skywalker could spy on the Chancellor, which Skywalker was reluctant to do. At an opera house, Skywalker joined Palpatine in watching the Mon Calamari Ballet performing Squid Lake, during which the Chancellor recounted the tale of Darth Plagueis to Skywalker, tempting the Jedi with knowledge of the power to stop death.
Time as Darth Vader
Palpatine Reveals Himself
After his meeting with Palpatine, Skywalker bid farewell to Kenobi, showing gratitude for his teachings and said to each other "may the Force be with you", before parting ways. Skywalker would then inform the Chancellor of Kenobi's forces engaging Grievous', but during the meeting, Palpatine revealed that he knew the Dark Side of the Force, leading Skywalker to realize that he was the Sith Lord they had been searching for. Palpatine told Anakin that if he turned him over to the Jedi, then he would be unable to aid in saving his wife, Amidala, from her fated death. Despite his confusion, Skywalker still was loyal to the Jedi Order. He told his findings to Mace Windu, who went with Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, and Agen Kolar to arrest Palpatine, leaving Skywalker behind. During the ensuing duel, Sidious killed three of the four Jedi with ease, but was disarmed by Windu just before Skywalker arrived in his office. Skywalker pleaded with Windu not to kill Sidious, saying that he should be left for the Senate to judge, but Windu felt Sidious was too dangerous to left alive, as he essentially controlled the Senate. Ignoring Skywalker's words, Windu prepared to execute the Sith Lord, but Skywalker cut off his right hand, causing Windu to drop his Lightsaber and allowing Sidious to send him plummeting out of a shattered window with a blast of Force lightning.
Apprentice of the Dark Lord
Though horrified by what he had done, Skywalker saw this as the final straw against the Jedi Order, and as such there was no turning back for him, and reluctantly pledged himself to service under his new Sith Master, Darth Sidious, who named him Darth Vader, a title that he did not bestow lightly. Sidious then declared all Jedi enemies of the Republic and ordered Vader to kill the Jedi at the Temple, while he executed Order 66 during which clone troopers turned on their Jedi Generals and executed them on the spot. At that point, Anakin Skywalker as we know ceased to exist, being replaced by the Darth Vader persona. As Vader, Anakin spread fear throughout the galaxy and acted as the Emperor’s dark enforcer. He even battled Ahsoka with the intention to kill her for allowing him to turn into the monster he was. But Anakin Skywalker, the courageous hero, was not truly dead. After battling his son Luke Skywalker in the presence of the Emperor, the young Jedi’s compassion for his father awakened the long-dormant good in the Dark Lord. A reawakened Anakin grabbed the Emperor with what was left of his arms and lifted his master high in the air, lumbering toward the reactor shaft, upon his son's plea for help. From then on, the persona of Darth Vader was no more, and Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight, was reborn. Angered by his apprentice's betrayal, Sidious turned a yet more powerful lightning attack on Anakin before he hurled his master down into the reactor. By killing the Emperor and ending his reign, the redeemed Jedi fulfilled his destiny by restoring balance to the Force.
Becoming a Force Spirit
Rebirth of Anakin Skywalker
After turning against Darth Sidious, Anakin suffered mortal wounds from the Emperor’s Force lightning, and knew that his end was near. He shared a vital final moment with his son, removing his mask so he could see Luke with his own eyes, before slipping peacefully away into the Force, for that moment Anakin looked upon his son's face for the first and only time. He finally saw him not as a Jedi or a threat or a mistake, but as his and Amidala's son, and gave Luke a real smile the smile that only his wife ever saw. His son insisted that he had to save him, but Skywalker told him he already had and asked him to tell his sister he had been right about him before passing away; his selfless sacrifice allowed his spirit to be preserved in the Force by his former mentors, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda. Unable to leave him behind, Skywalker took his father's body aboard the shuttle and escaped just before the Death Star's destruction. Back on Endor, Skywalker built a funeral pyre for his father, and cremated his armor in the manner of a Jedi's funeral in solitude, for the sight of Vader's helmet consumed by fire would be cause for rejoicing to everyone else but him.
Setting Things in Motion
As his son set the pyre ablaze to burn his armor, and then rejoined his friends and sister at an Ewok village for the victory celebrations, Skywalker returned from the Netherworld of the Force alongside Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi. All three of the Jedi spirits were at peace for balance had returned to the Force, they were pleased that despite the best efforts of the Emperor, the Jedi had returned. Each thought to warn the young Skywalker about the future, as each saw that there was yet much danger ahead for him and more darkness to overcome; instead, they decided not to burden him with this then. Skywalker, in turn, saw them and felt their approval and their sense of peace. Anakin Skywalker's specter would continue to appear throughout the years. Shortly after the Battle of Endor, Skywalker visited his son once more. He pleaded for Luke to redeem and undo the damage that Vader had done as he was now unable to do it himself. Skywalker, along with Kenobi, would appear before his son again in order to warn him of the dangers of the Dark Side. Decades later, the remnants of both aspects of Anakin's identity both himself and Darth Vader spoke to his grandson Ben Solo, who had become obsessed with his grandfather and ensuring his dark legacy would continue. Thirty-one years after his own death and shortly before her death, Skywalker appeared to his daughter Leia, and as her strength drained, she finally forgave him, accepted his apology, returned his love, and called him "father" for the very first time.
Powers and Abilities
- The Force: The fact that Skywalker was born with the highest known Midi-Chlorian count in galactic history and was considered to be the Chosen One leads to various conclusions about his Force potential and power. Although young and having less than perfect training, Skywalker was one of the most powerful living Jedi. However, Anakin's focus was given more towards improving his Lightsaber skills than his Force abilities. As such, while Anakin's raw power was great, his knowledge of the Force was limited to fairly straightforward techniques. Skywalker's unprecedented Midi-Chlorian count made him one of the most powerful members of the Jedi Order; however, it also made Skywalker arrogant. When he came to the Jedi Temple at the age of nine, he began to develop at a much faster pace than his fellow Padawans, further feeding his pride and self-importance. Skywalker was skilled in the use of telekinesis able to lift heavy objects with little effort. He was also skilled at Force Jump, and was able to leap massive distances. He was also skilled at Jedi Mind Tricks. Skywalker was also proficient in the use of Force speed, able to use it to increase the efficiency of his Lightsaber skills. Anakin also had an affinity for the use of Force visions, such as when he saw the deaths of his mother and wife. However, Skywalker also developed a habit of using the Force Choke power, a sign of who and what he would become.
- Telekinesis: Anakin could telekinetically move objects or other individuals without physically touching them; as he utilized it for offensive or defensive purposes.
- Force Push: Anakin could telekinetically send his opponent(s) flying through the air, causing them serious injury or temporarily incapacitating them/knocked them unconscious.
- Force Pull: Anakin could telekinetically pull his opponent(s) or objects towards him.
- Force Choke: Anakin could telekinetically choke his opponent(s) to either weaken, kill or intimidate them.
- Force Grip: Anakin could telekinetically lift his opponent(s) off the ground and into the air, sometimes by the neck, to immobilize them.
- Force Crush: Anakin could telekinetically crush objects or droids.
- Force Throw: Anakin could telekinetically cause objects and other individuals, to be hurled toward a target at an astounding velocity.
- Force Wave: Anakin could unleash a wave of pure Force-energy that knocked back anything within the power's blast radius or push multiple opponents simultaneously. He unleashed such a telekinetic pulse when being electrocuted by multiple Magna-Guards that were fighting him alongside Dooku, repelling the droids surrounding him for a brief time.
- Force Barrier: Anakin could create a barrier or wall of Force energy in front of or surrounding himself or his allies, which could be strengthened with the help of other Force-users.
- Force Orb: Anakin could create a ball of air underwater; to either directing it his opponent(s) as an attack or around an individual's head who cannot breathe underwater. He managed to do this with the help of Kit Fisto to keep Padmé Amidala from drowning on Mon Cala.
- Mind Trick: Anakin could control the minds of other sentient beings; with the exception of individuals with stronger minds and wills.
- Taming Beasts: Anakin could control the minds of animals. However, he was not as proficient with this power as Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Force Vision: Anakin could see visions of the past, the present and the future. However, like all Force-users, his visions were not always clear or sometimes he had visions without warning.
- Force Sense: Anakin could sense another sentient being's emotions, the future, ripples in the Force caused by momentous or traumatic events, impending danger and the presence of other light or dark side Force-users. By far, Anakin's most impressive feat of force sense was the fact; that he was able to sense that Palpatine had a connection to the Force (a feat that even Yoda, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi respectively who were exceptionally powerful Force-users in their own rights could not achieve) however, he simply believe that the latter possessed the potential to use the Force, but was unaware that he was in fact a fully trained Force-user, particularly a dark side Force-user; Anakin was completely unaware of this until the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, when Palpatine revealed that he had been trained to use the dark side of the Force; which only slightly surprised the former.
- Force Healing/Drain: On Mortis, with the help of the Daughter, Anakin was able to use a power variated from Force drain and Force healing, that allows to transfer the life-force energy from an individual to revive another individual from death. He was able to channel the life-force of the wounded Daughter into Ahsoka Tano to revive her after the Son drained her of life.
- Transfer Force: Anakin could transfer life-force energy from an individual to revive another individual from death. He was able to channel the life-force of the wounded Daughter; into Ahsoka Tano to revive her after the Son drained her of life.
- Force (Focused) Rage: Anakin could channel his anger to amplify his strength, durability, endurance, speed, ferocity, aggression and potency of his combat prowess/attacks.
- Force Jump: Anakin could leap or jump at great distances.
- Force Dash: Anakin could move at amazing speeds.
- Force Spirit: Due to Anakin's immensely powerful connection to the Force and redemption, he was able to preserve his identity through the force, allowing him to become immortal when he died. He became a Force spirit upon dying from the injuries he received from Palpatine, where he sacrifices his life to save his son Luke Skywalker; Anakin likely learned this from Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda or Obi-Wan Kenobi (moments before he died) the only known Jedi Masters who learned this ability from the Force Priestesses.
- Immense Strength: Anakin utilized his Force powers to amplify his physical strength; this made him physically stronger then most, if not all other sentient beings. His cybernetic arm also allowed him additional strength to overpower others with greater ease.
- Immense Reflexes: Anakin had impressive reflexes that were above that of normal Force-users; as his reflexes were superior to most, if not all members of the Jedi Order.
- Immense Agility: Due to Anakin's connection to the Force, he is far more agile than normal Force-users and other sentient beings. This allows him to perform amazing acrobatic feats, such as flips and spins, and it also amplifies his natural balance.
- Telekinesis: Anakin could telekinetically move objects or other individuals without physically touching them; as he utilized it for offensive or defensive purposes.
- Cybernetic Arm: Anakin utilized his cybernetic hand in combat, as it gave him greater strength to easily subdue, restrain, and overpower his opponents.
- Lightsaber Skills: Anakin Skywalker was trained by the Order's most promising Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Through him, Skywalker would inherit a rich tradition of Lightsaber training. Skywalker's style featured elements of many masters, making him outstandingly talented, even at a very young age. However, Skywalker eventually realized how much he still had to learn when he confronted Count Dooku. As the Clone Wars progressed, Skywalker spent the following years of the conflict developing his skills in its many pitched battles. He began to use brute strength to overwhelm his opponents, and was also known to attack his opponents by lunging at them. Relying on both strength and agility, Skywalker proved able to adequately fend off or evade enemy attacks while immediately offering counters. By the time of the Battle of Teth, Skywalker was able to effectively hold his own against Dooku, as shown by their confrontation on Tatooine. As the war progressed, Skywalker drew on his anger and rage with mounting frequency, sliding ever closer to the Dark Side of the Force, emotions that Anakin used to fuel his offense in his final duel with Dooku, showing both overwhelming strength and bewildering speed as he bashed through Dooku's precision defense and sliced off both of the Count's hands before brutally executing him.
- Form I: Anakin was very skilled in Shii-Cho.
- Form IV: Anakin was highly skilled in Ataru. At some pointduring the Clone Wars, Anakin made some adjustments to Ataru; to make it far more effective in defending against incoming projectiles or range attackers.
- Form V: Anakin was a master of Shien/Djem So; considered by some to be the most proficient practitioner of the style.
- Form VI: Anakin was highly skilled in Niman.
- Jar'Kai: Initially, Anakin only had some skills in Jar'Kai fight with two lightsaber one for atack and other for defense. He used it in his first fight with Count Dooku. However, as of "The Wrong Jedi", Anakin's skills in Jar'Kai had greatly improved; to the point where he could defeat the recently turned Dark Jedi, Barriss Offee relatively easily, thus; becoming more proficient in the style.
- Sai cha: Anakin was highly skilled in Sai cha.
- Cho mai: Anakin was highly skilled in Cho mai.
- Cho sun: Anakin was highly skilled in Cho sun.
- Shiak: Anakin was highly skilled in Shiak.
- Mounted lightsaber combat: Anakin was highly skilled in Mounted lightsaber combat.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Although rarely seen; Anakin was a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant.
- Master Pilot: He was well known for his exceptional piloting skills, skills that earned him a name as an ace pilot, and led some to claim he was the best star pilot in the galaxy. During Skywalker's tenure as a slave, he made a name for himself as a podracer. Skywalker even won the Boonta Eve Classic race at the age of nine, an act that won him his freedom. Young Skywalker also attracted the attention of many in the Republic: during the Battle of Naboo, he piloted a Naboo starfighter and destroyed a Droid Control Ship. His efforts no doubt single-handedly helped win the battle, but it was only a foreshadowing of his skills to come. During the Clone Wars, Skywalker was one of the Republic's best and most famous star pilots. He perfected an assortment of strategies; most notable was his skill at opening fire just before passing through enemy formations, leaving little time for evasion. He also displayed relentless tenacity in chasing down targets as well as shaking off target locks. His abilities garnered the attention of both Chancellor Palpatine and his peers. At the Battle of Coruscant, Skywalker was able to safely land the huge cruiser Invisible Hand, despite the fact that he was only flying half a ship, and it was not built to be able to land, as well as implying that he might not know how to fly the ship.
- Expert Mechanic: Skywalker was also known to be an exceptional mechanic. He could fix anything from a broken droid motivator to a malfunctioning repulsorlift. The young Skywalker quickly understood how things worked, and his strong knowledge of mechanical systems coupled with his closeness to the Force allowed him to pilot most vehicles and starfighters. At the age of nine he created, even with limited resources, the protocol droid C-3PO to aid his mother. For the Boonta Eve Classic race, Skywalker entered his custom-built podracer made from parts found in Watto's junk shop. As testament to Anakin Skywalker's engineering brilliance, his Podracer featured a number of amazing innovations built into its compact frame. When meeting up with his former slave owner, Skywalker proved his identity to the Toydarian by fixing a machine Watto was tinkering with. He would continue to use his mechanical expertise as Darth Vader. Skywalker also often tinkered with his prosthetic arm as he did his starfighter. In addition, Skywalker was fluent in understanding the electronic language of Binary, the information-dense, low redundancy electronic language of most pit crew and simple droids, thus, allowing him to interface with them.
- Genius-Level Intellect/Master Tactician/Leader: Even as a child, Anakin was amazingly intelligent and wise for someone of his age; his intellect and wisdom rivaled that of even Yoda, Sheev Palpatine,Qui-Gon Jinn, and Luke Skywalker. As a Jedi General, Anakin was a highly skilled tactician and a very capable leader; throughout the Clone Wars, he had gained an excellent reputation of never being defeated, he could also use his opponents own tactics against them.
- Intimidation: As an immensely powerful Force-user, Anakin commended an intimidating presence to the point where many of his allies and enemies alike across the galaxy feared him, even exceptionally powerful Force-users; such as Yoda, Sheev Palpatine, Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Barriss Offee respectively were terrified of him; as Anakin was the most famous yet feared Jedi in the entire order.
- Multilingual: Anakin was capable of fluently speaking Basic, Huttese and Bitt.
- Expert Marksman: Although rarely seen; Anakin was highly skilled in the use of blaster pistols.
Anakin's First Lightsaber: Anakin Skywalker's first Lightsaber was the original Lightsaber owned by Anakin Skywalker. It had a blue plasma blade, chunky controls, and thick ridges on the handle. Made during Anakin's 'Gathering' trial in the Crystal Caves of Ilum, choosing crystals that "seemed to speak to him" from the crystal cave. While fighting his way through Poggle the Lesser's battle droid foundries on Geonosis, Skywalker had his Lightsaber destroyed by a cutting arm in the droid factory. Shortly thereafter, the Battle of Geonosis occurred, effectively starting the Clone Wars. Sometime prior to the Battle of Christophsis, Anakin Skywalker built himself a new Lightsaber. The basic design of this weapon was also incorporated into his second Lightsaber albeit with a modified shroud and mid-section.
Anakin's Second Lightsaber: Skywalker's Lightsaber was a Jedi weapon constructed by Anakin Skywalker and passed down to his son, Luke, and later to the scavenger Rey. Like every Lightsaber of the Jedi Order, Skywalker's weapon was powered by a kyber crystal in the core of the hilt. As with his previous Lightsaber, the new one emitted a blue plasma blade due to the crystal's connection with its first owner. In addition to the crystal, Skywalker's Lightsaber possessed other components such as a power cell at the base of the hilt, an activation matrix, and a mechanism to adjust the length of the blade. After Anakin's fall to the Dark Side of the Force, the newly-anointed Sith-Lord Darth Vader lost the weapon in a duel with his former Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi. For decades, Kenobi kept his fallen apprentice's Lightsaber before passing it down to Anakin's son, Luke Skywalker, who accepted the family heirloom along with the opportunity to become a Jedi Knight like his father before him.