|Ahsoka Tano, During the Mission to Malachor - By: Darren Tan|
|Position||Former Jedi Apprentice of (Jedi Order)
Founder of the (Rebel Alliance) Member of Alliance Command
|Age||45 (During The Mandalorian)|
Ahsoka Tano, nicknamed Snips by her master and known by Ashla after the Clone Wars, was a Padawan in the Jedi Order, who after the war, helped create a network of cells across the galaxy to rebel against the Galactic Empire. Tano was found on her home planet by master Plo Koon, who then delivered her to the Coruscant Jedi Temple where she would be given her initial training. Not long after the beginning of the Clone Wars, Grand Master Yoda assigned the young Tano to be the Padawan learner of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. Whereas she was eager to prove herself, Anakin had a reputation for being reckless, and they had a rather difficult start as master and student. While a Commander in the Grand Army of the Republic, Tano befriended and found a mentor in the Clone Captain Rex of the 501st Legion, with whom she and Anakin worked with to lead battles against the Separatist Alliance.
In time she matured into a respected leader, and contributed to many victories in the Clone Wars. But in a turn of events, Tano was framed for the bombing of the Temple hangar and other homicides. It was soon discovered by Skywalker that Ahsoka's friend and fellow Jedi Barriss Offee was the culprit. Tano was cleared of all charges, yet the ordeal made Ahsoka lose faith in the Jedi and she refused the offer to come back to the Order, instead departing in search of a new path. As the Galactic Empire came to power, Ahsoka became an integral figure in a network of rebel cells that she gathered along with Bail Organa. Under the alias Fulcrum, she provided intel to various rebel factions, though she took an interest in the cell of Lothal due to the Jedi among their group. After a meeting with Darth Vader, Ahsoka's fate after their duel is unknown, put most assumed she died at the hand of her former master.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Jedi Youngling of the Order
- 1.2 Jedi Padawan of the Order
- 1.3 Surviving the Jedi Purge
- 1.4 Forging the Rebel Alliance
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Equipment
Jedi Youngling of the Order
Thirty-three years before the Galactic Civil War, a female Togruta from the planet Shili, Ahsoka Tano was discovered by Jedi Master Plo Koon at the age of three during a mission to Shili, and was raised in the Jedi Temple. Around this time, she was nearly made into a slave by an impostor who intercepted the signal to the Jedi Order and who hoped to put her powers to use for their own ends. However, this scheme was thwarted, and Tano began her life as a Jedi. Tano would consider master Koon to be among her oldest and dearest friends, feeling a large amount of gratitude to him for discovering her connection to the Force and ensuring that she would be given a home at the Jedi Temple.By the age of fourteen, Tano was assigned to Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker by Grand Master Yoda, and would learn the ways of the Force from Skywalker as his apprentice. Having been granted the rank of Padawan, she demonstrated an eagerness to prove herself worthy to be his apprentice. Yoda did this so that Skywalker might learn to let go of those he cared for, but her future choice to leave the Order would only further Anakin's drift to the Dark Side of the Force.
Jedi Padawan of the Order
Meeting Anakin Skywalker
The Jedi Council finally sent Tano on her first mission to Christophsis in order to aid the Republic forces and finally meet her new master, as well as pass on a message that masters Kenobi and Skywalker were needed on back at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. She arrived on the planet moments after the first wave of Separatist forces pulled back. After giving her message to Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Skywalker, Kenobi introduced himself, presuming that she was his new Padawan learner. She corrected Kenobi, insisting that Grand Master Yoda specifically assigned her to Skywalker. Meanwhile, the droid army set up a deflector shield that would block the artillery bombardment that earlier blocked their advancement. Skywalker and Ahsoka eventually set out a plan to infiltrate the enemy lines while Kenobi and his forced held off the enemy forces as long as they could. The two Jedi hid inside a box while the droid tanks moved around them. As they made their way to the source of the shield, Ahsoka tripped on a sensor antenna, accidentally activating a batch of retail droids. While Skywalker was occupied by the droids, Tano began to place charges around the generator.
As she was planting charges, a battle droid sneaked up behind her, however Ahsoka noticed it and sliced it in half. The battle droid's body rolled over more sensors and activated additional retail droids. With her master pinned down by the horde, Ahsoka noticed a piece of wall behind him with a convenient hole just right where Skywalker was positioned. She used the Force to push the wall down, crushing the droids around her master. Meanwhile back in the city, Kenobi was captured by the Separatist General Whorm Loathsom. Planning to stall for time, Kenobi suggested that the two should sit down and discuss about Kenobi's surrender and the two sat down to drink tea. However, the General got tired of this and saw through Kenobi's plan. Loathsom ordered Kenobi's forces to surrender, just as the shield blew up and Kenobi was able to take the Separatist General as hostage. The major battle on the planet had been victory for the Republic. Despite Skywalker's initial reluctance to take a Padawan, he and Tano quickly found common ground, with Skywalker noted how reckless his new Padawan was. As Tano and Skywalker found themselves settled, which left Master Yoda to wonder if the responsibility of mentoring a Padawan would calm Skywalker's wild ways.
Early Conflicts of the War
Along with Skywalker, Tano was instrumental in acquiring the Republic's safe passage through Hutt Space, due to her part in rescuing the son of Jabba the Hutt, which ensured an alliance between the Republic and the Hutts. Along with her master, Tano proved a key figure during the events surrounding the Malevolence, a massive ship capable of destroying entire fleets with its dreaded ion cannons. Partially due to her involvement in the crisis, the Republic was able to destroy the superweapon, removing another advantage possessed by the Confederacy. Later, Tano would duel General Grievous himself, becoming one of the few Jedi to survive such an encounter with the cyborg. Along with Luminara Unduli, Tano was involved in the failed Republic effort to foil a mission mounted by Asajj Ventress to rescue Viceroy Nute Gunray and engaged the Dark Jedi in an extended duel. Later, she was a key figure in the rescue of Jedi Master Aayla Secura during the Battle of Quell, and later took part in the defense of Maridun, where Separatists tried to use an experimental weapon on the planet's inhabitants. Notably, Tano helped to ensure that the Blue Shadow Virus was not released into Republic systems, and also fought in the Battle of Ryloth, helping to eliminate the Separatist blockade and allow invasion forces to land, during which she led a squadron for the first time.
Later Conflicts of the War
Later in the war, Tano watched a session of the Senate as they debated on deregulating the banks to fund the creation of more Clone Troopers. Tano had difficulty in understanding the politics behind the War. Tano was left with Amidala by her master so that she could try to understand politics. Tano then allowed Amidala to use her status as a Jedi to go behind the enemy lines and speak with Senator Mina Bonteri of the Separatist Senate on Raxus. Together, they went to Raxus. There in Raxulon, they met Bonteri and went to her home. There, Tano met Bonteri's son, Lux. She then spoke with Lux about their differences and her meeting with other Separatists such as Ventress and Grievous. Ahsoka then attended a session of Separatist Senate and saw as they voted to open negotiations with the Republic. They then returned to Coruscant, where they informed the Chancellor of their meeting. However, the banks were deregulated when the power generators were attacked. She also learned that her master knew of their mission, and scolded her because it was reckless of her. Tano, however, did learn that politics was not as black and white as she thought. Ahsoka, along with Skywalker and Kenobi, were sent to investigate an old distress signal in the Chrelythiumn System.
There, they were then brought to the planet Mortis. There, Tano had a brief brush with the Dark Side on Mortis after being infected with it by the Son and even died, but was resurrected by the dying Daughter. During the next two years, Tano and her master achieved many things during the war including the freeing of Togruta slaves, saving her Master and many others on multiple occasions, and even halting a plot masterminded by Darth Sidious himself. She also engaged some of most deadly people in the galaxy, most notably Asajj Ventress, General Grievous, and Cad Bane several times, always surviving without any serious injury. Tano formed close bonds with many members of the Order, which included Plo Koon, Barriss Offee and Obi-Wan Kenobi, as well as people outside the Order such as Padmé Amidala and Lux Bonteri, to whom she developed a romantic attraction. Tano, along with her master Skywalker, Kenboi, and Captain Rex by the Council to train and assist the rebels of Onderon in their fight against the King Sanjay Rash and his Confederate occupation forces. There, she met up with the rebel leaders, Steela Gerrera, her brother Saw Gerrera, and former junior Senator Lux Bonteri. She, and her fellow jedi were able to teach the rebels in fighting the Separatist battle droids.
Jedi Bombing and Framed
Towards the end of the war, when Tano was at the age of sixteen, her friend Barriss Offee, who believed the Jedi Order had become evil, corrupt and overly belligerent during the war, orchestrated the bombing of the Jedi Temple, killed the bomber, Letta Turmond, and caused the deaths of clones while framing Tano for these crimes. While running away from Republic authorities and Skywalker, who still believed her to be innocent, Tano met her long-time nemesis Asajj Ventress and briefly allied with her, since both were on the run from their masters. Tano was led by Offee, the only Jedi whom she still saw as an ally, into a trap at a Coruscant warehouse in Coruscant's undercity, where she was captured by forces of the Jedi. The Council then expelled Tano from the Jedi Order and turned her over to the Republic for trial, where Ahsoka was prosecuted by Wilhuff Tarkin and defended by Padmé Amidala. Tano came close to a conviction, but due Anakin revealing the truth of Barriss's betrayal, Tano was cleared of all charges. Following her trial, Tano was pardoned by the Council. Plo Koon apologized to her on the Council's behalf, stating they had been wrong to question her loyalty. The Council also stated that the Force worked in mysterious ways and considered her ordeal in hindsight as being her great trial, having proven herself worthy of the title of Jedi Knight.
Surviving the Jedi Purge
Hunting Darth Maul
However, the events surrounding her expulsion and trial had severely shaken Tano's faith in the Jedi. As a result, she refused to accept their invitation to rejoin the Order, and left to discover a new purpose for herself. Tano's departure from the Jedi Order had a deep impact on those she knew. During a quest to discover the secrets of immortality, Yoda saw a vision of Tano dying in the halls of the Jedi Temple, with the vision of her asking if she could become one with the Force after being expelled from the Jedi Order. The vision of Tano was a result of Yoda's guilt over having placed her on the path that led to her departure. Anakin was particularly affected by her departure and felt even more alone in having to fulfill the expectations of being the prophesied Chosen One. In the last weeks of the Clone Wars, approximately a year after she left, Tano discovered the whereabouts of the former Sith-Lord Darth Maul, who had taken over Mandalore and Death Watch. Shortly before establishing a siege to Mandalore, Skywalker and Kenobi were ordered to come back Coruscant to save Chancellor Palpatine, who had been abducted by General Grievous. Unable to use the help of her former masters, in the last time she would see Skywalker as a friend, Tano was given the possession of her old Lightsabers, and the command of an army of Clone Troopers alongside Rex.
While Skywalker and Kenobi set out to rescue Chancellor Palpatine, Ahsoka Tano, with Rex at her side, led the siege to Mandalore. After a lengthy battle against Maul's forces, she ended up engaging the former Sith in a Lightsaber duel. As the two fought, Maul taunting her for her self-imposed exile from the Jedi Order, Tano managed to lure Maul into a plaza where her comrades trapped him in a ray shield. However, all the efforts of Tano were undone when Palpatine, who was actually the Dark Lord Darth Sidious, enacted Order 66, a command that turned the clones against the Jedi and nearly wiped out the entirety of the Jedi Order, including Tano's former mentor Plo Koon. As a result, the clones under Tano's command turned on her, with the exception of Rex, who had previously removed his inhibitor chip, a brain implant that compelled each clone trooper to comply with Order 66. As a result, Maul was able to escape once again, but Tano and Rex now fugitives and enemies of the Republic were able to escape, but were forced to fake their own deaths and go into hiding. Neither were aware that Tano's former master, Anakin Skywalker, had turned to the dark side of the force and massacred the entire Jedi Temple under the new title of Darth Vader. As a result, Maul escaped once again, but Ahsoka and Rex were able to escape as well, after faking their own deaths and going on the run to escape the Empire.
Joining the Rebellion
After fleeing Mandalore, Ahsoka went into the Outer Rim, first to the planet Thabeska and later to the moon of Raada, all while going by the name Ashla. While living on Raada and using the alias of Ashla, Tano befriended a number of farmers including Kaeden Larte and made a life for herself in the farming community as a mechanic. Unfortunately, the forces of the Empire directed by Jenneth Pilar soon targeted the moon for their own purposes, leading to an occupation. Ahsoka and her new friends set about forming a rebel movement, but some of the farmers took too aggressive of a stance and ended up in a battle with the Imperials. As a result, Tano was forced to use her powers during the confrontation, which altered the Sixth Brother Inquisitor to her presence on Raada. Ahsoka dueled the Inquisitor, defeated him and caused the destruction of his double-bladed Lightsaber, resulting in his death. She then took the crystals from his Lightsaber and used them to craft a pair of Lightsabers. With help from Bail Organa, Ahsoka evacuated the citizens of Raada, and they began forming a rebellion against the Empire. Following the evacuation of Raada, Tano smuggled herself aboard the Tantive IV in order to meet with Bail Organa, overhearing a conversation between Bail and his daughter Leia Organa.
After exchanging pleasantries, Organa confided that the Empire hoped to use his image as a family man to ensure his compliance. When Tano asked if he worried about his daughter, Organa replied that she took after her mother. When Tano asked what Organa was doing to fight against the Empire, he briefed her about Captain Antilles' glowing report of the Raada evacuation. There had been fifteen casualties including fourteen evacuees and one A-Wing pilot. Tano also confided that the Inquisitor she encountered was not the last of his kind. While the Inquisitor had some training, she observed that he mostly relied on brute strength and lacked the skills of a Jedi. Organa promised to do what he could and then asked about Raada. Tano explained that the farmers could not go back because the Empire would wipe out the moon's surface. Organa agreed to resettle the Raadian refugees on Alderaan. However, Tano responded that the farmers wanted to join the rebellion. Organa agreed to resettle the farmers on an agricultural planet and to train pilots and soldiers. Tano also remarked that her former friend Barriss Offee, for all her treachery and atrocities, had been right that the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic had taken the wrong approach to the Clone Wars.
Organa commented that the former Chancellor Palpatine had been a skilled manipulator. Tano added that she had tried to escape the war, but kept being drawn back into it. Organa responded that their job was to focus on the present which he likened to a middle road. Tano agreed with Organa's sentiments and opined that she wanted to pursue a path separate from a General or a Padawan. At that point, the Tantive IV exited hyperspace above Alderaan. Tano also commented that the lack of communications had caused deaths on Raada and her hostile response to Tage and Tamsin. After some discussion, Tano convinced Organa to let her run his intelligence networks. She also managed to convince Organa to provide her with a new ship. At Organa's suggestion, Tano adopted the code name Fulcrum for her work as a rebel spy. Unknown to Tano, her activities had also attracted the attention of the Grand Inquisitor, who informed Lord Vader that he had discovered evidence of another Jedi Purge survivor. Decades after the rise of the Galactic Empire, she had become an integral member of the rebellion against Imperial rule, working with Senators Bail Organa and Mon Mothma while using the alias Fulcrum, which she used to communicate with rebel cells while keeping her identity secret.
Forging the Rebel Alliance
Working with the Spectres
One of these cells was the crew of the Ghost, which operated on and around the Outer Rim world of Lothal. She spoke only with Hera Syndulla, the owner and pilot of the Ghost, and identified herself only by her codename. As Fulcrum, she provided the Ghost rebels with intelligence for missions in order to hit Imperial forces or interests, and those missions were part of a larger plan that the rebels were part of, amongst the rebels, only Syndulla knew. Tano's intelligence was generally accurate, but sometimes only partially so. After the capture of Kanan Jarrus, the leader of the Lothal cell, by the Empire, and the Ghost crew's subsequent transmission of messages intended to inspire the public, Tano contacted Syndulla and dissuaded her from attempting to rescue Jarrus. After reminding her that Jarrus understood the risks he took, and that the crew's remaining Jedi Ezra Bridger was too important to be risked, Tano informed her that their message had reached beyond Lothal and had attracted attention from the top ranks of the Empire. Tano urged Syndulla to take her crew into hiding to avoid further jeopardizing their mission. The crew ignored Tano's warning and set out on a mission to rescue their captive leader. The rebels soon learned that Jarrus was being held on the Sovereign, the personal Star Destroyer of Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, in orbit above Mustafar.
The crew set out to rescue him and succeeded, but were overwhelmed by Imperial forces. The crew's droid, C1-10P, contacted "Fulcrum" and requested reinforcements. Tano and a fleet of rebel ships arrived at Mustafar and helped the crew of the Ghost escape. When the rebels were safe and away from Mustafar, Tano revealed her identity and told them that they were part of a wider rebel movement. After the crew of the Ghost joined the Phoenix Squadron, Ahsoka Tano acted as a mentor and adviser to the newer rebels. She had a particular affinity with Kanan and his apprentice Ezra, fellow Jedi who were resisting the Empire. During the Imperial Siege of Lothal, Tano along with Syndulla, Jarrus and the Phoenix Commander Jun Sato sanctioned a mission to rescue the Imperial Minister Maketh Tua, who wanted to defect from the Empire. The crew of the Ghost returned to Lothal but stumbled into a trap set by Darth Vader, Tano's former mentor and friend. After Vader destroys half their pilots, Hera and the others decide to help out in the Ghost. During the space battle Ahsoka and Kanan try to figure out who is in the TIE, but Ahsoka becomes overwhelmed by his presence and she faints in Kanan's arms. After they escape Ahsoka asks Kanan and Ezra about the Dark Lord they encountered on Lothal, and Ezra then asks if she knows who or what he is, which Ahsoka denies, while suspecting the truth.
Encountering Dark Forces
After Kanan and Ezra are attacked by the Inquisitors on Oosalan Mesa, they realize their presence is putting the rebels search for a base at risk and meet with Ahsoka on the Ghost to discuss a plan of action. When Kanan expresses his concerns, she mentions that in difficult times she sought the council of Master Kenobi or Yoda. Kanan reveals that they had communed with Yoda in the Lothal Jedi Temple, and chose to return there in the Phantom. Ahsoka declines to raise the entrance to the temple, pointing out she is no longer a Jedi. Kanan and Ezra raise the temple from the ground, discovering a new door below the one they had entered before. Inside, Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra have their own visions. She is confronted by the spirit of Anakin Skywalker, who expresses a twisted anger at her departure, calling her selfish and accusing her of abandoning him. He finally asks if she knew what he had become, causing Ahsoka to lash out in agony but finally accept the truth that her master has become Darth Vader. The Inquisitors arrived, but the visions in the temple took the shape of the Jedi Temple Guard and distract them, allowing Ahsoka and the Jedi to escape. As she flees, Ahsoka turns and sees a vision of Yoda, who waves at her. Smiling back, she turns and continues on her way back to the Phantom.
On board, Ezra reveals he has spoken to Yoda and that he has been told to find Malachor, which Ahsoka explains is not a person but a place. When Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka arrive at Malachor, Ahsoka explains the planet's history, thousands of years ago the planet was controlled by the Sith and stood as one of their strongest locations. It was also the sight of a great battle between the Jedi and Sith, and that after the wars Jedi were taught not to go near the dark planet. As they explore into the ruins of an old underground Sith Temple, a place where they believe answers may be found in regards to the Sith's weaknesses, they are ambushed by a masked Inquisitor, whom they manage to capture after he separates Ezra from Kanan and Ahsoka. Upon interrogating the Eight Brother, they learn the Inquisitor is hunting a Force-Sensitive he refers to as a "Shadow". When Ezra and the companion he has activate the temple with a Sith Holocron, this causes enough of a distraction that Ahsoka and Kanan's prisoner calls for backup, summoning the Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister. As a battle breaks out between the Inquisitors, Ahsoka and Kanan, Ezra and his companion join the fight, which revealed the Force-Sensitive to be an old enemy, Darth Maul, who is no longer a Sith-Lord and had survived the Clone Wars and its aftermath for decades.
Facing the Lord of the Sith
After driving off the Inquisitors, Ahsoka, having met Maul before, asks him what he was planning. Maul responds that he too wishes to see the Empire fall, but for his own reasons, and only by working together could they enter the structure. Saying that they had little time, Maul coerces them into reaching the top of the Sith Temple, and helps to defeat the Inquistors, killing them all. Ahsoka then sees Maul turn on them and blind Kanan, but she prevents him from finishing off Kanan. Maul then reveals his true plans after wounding Kanan, he desires to turn Ezra into his new apprentice and use the Holocron to activate an ancient Sith weapon to use against the Empire and anyone who stood in his way. Ahsoka leaves Maul to fight and be defeated by Kanan, and rushes to stop Ezra from inadvertently activating the weapon. Upon arriving, Ahsoka is greeted by the sight of Darth Vader, who states that their meeting was foretold to which she says she thought she knew who Vader was, only to declare him a different person altogether. Vader then claims that they did not need to be enemies and that he will spare her if she told him where the remaining Jedi were hiding, also saying Anakin Skywalker was weak and that he had been destroyed.
Ahsoka coldly retorts by saying there were no more Jedi, and that she, no longer being a Jedi, will avenge the fall of her master. The two then engaged in battle, and though Ahsoka holds her own at first, Vader eventually was able to manage to overpower her, throwing her off the edge of the Temple. However, Ahsoka survives the fall and attacks Vader as he attempts to attack Ezra and Kanan to acquire the Sith Holocron. She knocks him down, slicing off part of Vader's mask and allowing Ezra and Kanan to escape. Ahsoka hears Vader call her name, and is horrified to see the eye and hear the partially distorted voice of Anakin Skywalker beneath the mask. Left without a doubt that Vader is her former master, she deduced that she would not abandon him as she had done so many years ago. Vader hesitated for a brief moment, but he coldly responded that she would die instead. The two engaged in combat once again, with the temple locking down and exploding into a burst of energy, allowing Bridger and Jarrus to escape. Although Vader managed to survive and leave the Temple, it was assumed that Ashoka had fallen but in the StarWars Rebels episode “Wolves and a door“ Ezra Bridger manages to go back in time to save her, she then said she would meet up with Bridger. It is seen in the finale of season 4 that she met up with Sabine Wren and helped her look for Ezra bridger
Powers and Abilities
- The Force: Tano possessed a strong connection to the Force, and often performing Force-enhanced jumps and other acrobatic feats. Although Tano's Force powers required more training, she was capable of performing telekinetic feats, as seen during the Battle of Christophsis where she pulled down a large wall in order to save Skywalker from droids. In another instance, Tano was able to deliver a strong push at Ventress and flung her back far away, saving master Unduli's life. Tano also had a strong ability to sense things in the Force, able to feel the presence of Plo Koon after his fleet was destroyed and the presences of the children who were kidnapped by Cad Bane. In addition, Tano's powers enabled her to leap to incredible heights. She used this when leaping into the Phantom in order to escape two Inquisitors. Tano also experienced Force visions and dreams. She was able to use the Force to heal two kyber crystals that had been "bled red" and restore them to their natural white color. These crystals became part of her new Lightsabers. Tano was also able to use the Force to amplify her touch, using this power to shatter the hilt of a double-bladed spinning Lightsaber. She also eventually learned the Jedi Mind trick, using it on several occasions.
- Lightsaber Training: Ahsoka Tano was very skilled in Lightsaber combat for someone of her age. She made use of the unorthodox reverse grip during combat, however she would use the standard grip at the insistence of her master. When she was made a Padawan by Yoda, she was already proficient in Form V and capable of doing so even in less than ideal positions. At some point during the Clone Wars, Tano began to learn Jar'Kai, wielding in addition to her original weapon a yellowish-green bladed shoto with a hilt that matched with her original Lightsaber, though she still sometimes used only her main Lightsaber. She used Jar'Kai when facing multiple opponents and was able to hold her own against both Skywalker and Kenobi on Mortis. than she was. By the time of the early rebellion, Ahsoka's skills in Lightsaber combat have greatly improved to the point of mastery, seen when she defeated two elite Inquisitors relatively easily. Ahsoka has even been shown to duel evenly with Maul, and even hold her own against her former mentor, the ruthless Darth Vader.
- Form V: Ahsoka is skilled in Shien. The Shien variant of Form V allowed the utilization of an unconventional reverse grip
- Jar'Kai: Ahsoka is skilled in Jar'Kai. Jar'Kai was a method of utilizing two lightsabers in combat.
- Expert Mechanic: Ahsoka Tano also showed a considerable knowledge of mechanics which she had learned from her master. She was able to use her mechanical skills to contact Skywalker and save her and Barriss Offee's lives when they were trapped under a destroyed droid factory on Geonosis. She also knew how to repair vehicles. While on Mortis, she repaired the shuttle that she, Kenobi and Skywalker had crashed on the planet. In addition to her skills as a mechanic, Ahsoka is highly capable of operating most speeders and most types of flying crafts. An example of her skills as a pilot came when she was pursued by an agent of the Black Sun and managed to get out of it alive even against a vessel superior in many ways. Tano later put her skills as a mechanic to great use repairing starships and threshers while hiding on Thabeska and Raada. Tano was able to assemble her new twin Lightsabers from scrap metal parts she had acquired from the Fardis. Tano use her skills as a pilot to work as a courier for the Fardi family while on the run from the Empire.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Ahsoka Tano was extremely skilled in hand to hand combat as she was able to easily overpower infamous bounty hunter Cad Bane before dropping her guard and being incapacitated by the bounty hunter. She later used her hand to hand combat skills on Mandalore by single handedly defeating a group of the Secret Service and later holding off several guards and subduing Prime Minister Almec despite being handcuffed at the time. However, on that occasion, she armed herself with one of the guards' shields, which she used to fend them off and defend herself from a stun gun. While she was a prisoner of Trandoshan hunters, Tano was able to kill the hunters Dar, and his father, veteran sport hunter Garnac, by only using hand to hand combat and her Force powers. While on the run from the Republic, she was also able to defeat several clone troopers at once effortlessly, but refused to kill them.
- Ahsoka's First-Set Lightsabers: Ahsoka Tano owned a green-bladed Lightsaber during the Clone Wars, wielding it in an unorthodox reverse-grip. Tano used the Lightsaber in many battles of the Clone Wars, such as Teth, Lola Sayu, Geonosis, Pantora, Felucia and Mon Calamari. It was briefly stolen from Ahsoka and ended up in the hands of Cassie Cryar, who used it to wreak much havoc before it was reclaimed. Becoming proficient in Jar'Kai during the later half of the war, Ahsoka crafted a yellowish-green shoto to pair with this blade and wielded both in tandem. The green-bladed Lightsaber crossed with many foes, including the feared cyborg General Grievous, and served Ahsoka well until she lost it facing off against Barriss Offee during the aftermath of the Jedi Temple bombing. Both it and her shoto were returned to her for a duel against former Sith-Lord Maul, but she had to abandon them on Mandalore to fake her death after Order 66 was issued. Left without weapons for a time, Ahsoka would gain a pair of white Lightsabers as a replacement.
- Ahsoka's Second-Set Lightsabers: In the years before the Battle of Yavin, Ahsoka Tano created a second set of her personal weapons, made to replace the Lightsabers she used before leaving the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars and were wielded in the unorthodox reverse-grip of her preferred Shien style. One of these Lightsabers was a shoto-style Lightsaber, which emitted a shorter blade. Ahsoka obtained the crystals used in these Lightsabers one year after the end of the Clone Wars, retrieving them from the Lightsaber of the Sixth Brother, an Inquisitor she killed during the Imperial occupation of Raada. Though the crystals originally emitted a red blade, she had purified them from the darkness tainting them, by her description. The hilts of the Lightsabers were originally created from pieces of scrap metal that Ahsoka had acquired over the year since the fall of the Republic, but were later modified to be more functional and decorative. She used these two Lightsabers as a member of a rebel movement that fought in opposition to the Galactic Empire.